Respirator Fit Testing for N-95 masks will be available on the UNMC main campus between May 7 – 17 and at the Village Pointe Clinic on the 18th. Appointment times are filling up quickly; please register as soon as possible. If you miss this session, additional dates will be available in August.
Do you need a respirator fit test? Your job description will dictate your need for an N-95 respirator. These masks are fitted, NIOSH approved, disposable, air-filtering respirators (not surgical masks). Please ask your manager/ supervisor if you are unsure. *Surgical masks and PAPR units do not require fit testing.
Registration: Log in to Apollo, select “Search for Trainings” and type in “fit testing”.
Other important information:
1. Before your appointment, you must complete this questionnaire and bring it with you.
2. 3M 1870 Plus respirators will be available for fit testing at these sessions. If you need a different model/ style, please bring one with you to your appointment.
3. Your appointment will take approximately 20 minutes.
4. Plan to arrive 5 to 10 minutes before your appointment; if you are late, you may be asked to reschedule.
5. Males must be clean shaven where the respirator is intended to seal on the face. If you have facial hair, you cannot be fit tested and should not schedule an appointment.
6.For more information regarding fit testing and what to expect at your appointment please visit the Employee Health fit testing share point page.
*The Employee Health clinic will still offer appointments for fit testing new employees, job changes, or other special circumstances. They will also provide annual fit testing for reusable, half and full face respirators. Please contact the EH Clinic to schedule these appointments: 402-552-3563
Annual fit testing for N-95 respirator masks is an Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirement for any employee whose job description indicates a potential for exposure to airborne and/or aerosolized diseases. Fit testing and medical clearance is required before you use an N-95 respirator, annually, and/ or if there is a change in your physical appearance that may affect the fit of your mask, e.g., large weight gain or loss, major dental work, facial surgery (that alters the shape of your face) or scarring in the area of the seal.
Friday, May 18, 2018 at 11:00am to 6:00pm
UNMC and Village Pointe