Bring household confidential documents to be shredded, & electronic equipment, single use/alkaline batteries, and techno-trash for recycling. Pop tabs and eyeglasses can be dropped off as well.
To keep volunteers safe, we have new, non-negotiable rules for electronic recycling/paper shredding event:
If the person attending the recycling event OR anyone living in their household have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or are currently running a fever, coughing, or displaying other symptoms of COVID-19, they will not attend.
People dropping off items must:
1. Be an UNMC, Nebraska Medicine, UNO, or Clarkson College employee or student
a. Show their I.D. badge
2. Wear a mask that covers their mouth and nose
3. Have recyclable items segregated by category, containers with mixed items will not be accepted.
4. Have paper in totes, boxes, or paper bags
5. Have small items in totes, boxes, or bags
a. Boxes and/or totes can be returned to guest
6. Have food pantry donations clearly marked
7. Stay in their car and allow attendants to unload the items from the car
8. Turn off car ventilation system while attendants are unloading
Attendants will wear masks, gloves, safety googles, and will also not attend if they are presenting symptoms/been diagnosed.
Wednesday, August 5 at 6:00am to 2:00pm
AX 23, UNMC Grounds Building 4650 Jones Street