Wheelchair Barbie Goes to the Gynecologist: A Perspective on the Sexual and Reproductive Health Care of Women with Disabilities
Via Zoom Meeting ID: 753 025 233
Presenter: Cody Unser, MPH, The Cody Unser First Step Foundation
1. Define disability and describe some of the basic common medical issues that encompass a woman with a disability, specifically understand secondary conditions like autonomic dysreflexia, and why they matter to an OB/GYN.
2. Describe what a physical barrier is and describe what physical barriers women with disabilities face at an OB/GYN clinic.
3. Describe what an attitudinal barrier is; understand how they impact a woman with a disability’s motivation to take care of their sexual and reproductive health.
4. Describe the consequences of both physical and attitudinal barriers of an OB/GYN clinical environment
5. Understand how physicians can improve their clinic and their own knowledge to better treat women with disabilities.
Wednesday, August 5 at 1:00pm to 2:00pmVirtual Event